Customer Service

Customer Service is provided by your community mental health service provider to assist you with questions and/or concerns about the services you receive or feel you should receive. We can also help you get answers to your questions or file a complaint. You can also let us know about services that have helped you.

If you are an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing, you can use the Michigan Relay Center (MRC) to reach your PIHP, SHW, or other service provider, by calling:

  • 711 and asking MRC to connect you to the number you are trying to reach.

The “Your Guide to Services” booklet has important mental health information.

We believe it is important that individuals receiving mental health services have information available that will help them make informed choices about the services and supports. You have the right to receive an updated “Your Guide to Services” booklet each year during your Person Centered Planning process or whenever important changes are made to the “Your Guide to Services.”

To receive a booklet, please ask your primary service provider or at the Shiawassee Health & Wellness reception desk or click on the button to the right.

Sign Language

If you need a sign language interpreter, contact the Customer Services Department at (989) 723-6791 or (800) 622-4514 as soon as possible so that one will be made available. Sign language interpreters are available at no cost to you.

Other Languages

If you do not speak English, contact the Customer Services Department at (989) 723-6791 or (800) 622-4514 so that arrangements can be made for an interpreter for you. Language interpreters are available at no cost to you. You may also be eligible to receive language assistance if you are an individual who does not speak English as your primary language and/or you have a limited ability to read, speak, or understand English.

Accessibility and Accommodations

In accordance with federal and state laws, all buildings and programs of SHW are required to be physically accessible to individuals with all qualifying disabilities. Any individual who receives emotional, visual, or mobility support from a qualified/trained and identified service animal such as a dog will be given access, along with the service animal to all buildings and programs of SHW. If you need more information or if you have questions about accessibility or service/support animals, contact Customer Services at (989) 723-6791 or (800) 622-4514.

If you need to request an accommodation on behalf of yourself or a family member or a friend, you can contact our local Customer Service office at (989) 723-6791 or (800) 622-4514. You will be informed how to request an accommodation (this can be done over the phone, in person and/or in writing) and you will be told who at the agency is responsible for handling accommodation requests.

We value you! We value your feedback! Please let us know how we are doing by contacting the Customer Service at (989) 723-6791 or (800) 622-4514